Greensboro History

Our club, Greensboro Host Lions, was the seventh Lions Club chartered in North Carolina. We began in September 1922 and celebrated our 90th anniversary in 2012. The club currently has 40 members. Support is provided to Camp Dogwood (see below), the North Carolina Lions Foundation (NCLF), the NCLF Vision Van which visits Urban Ministries, The NC Eye and Human Tissue Bank, and clinical eye research at Duke University and Wake Forest University.

An annual Christmas Party for the Blind has been staged for more than 45 years and serves more than 100 VIPs and their families. Eye glasses and exams are provided every year for about 100 individuals who cannot afford them on their own. Aid for eye surgeries is also made available. Hearing aids and exams are also provided as requested. College scholarships for blind students or students of blind parents are provided through our own Lions Foundation and the club has sponsored a youth baseball team for several years.

Fund raisers include our White Cane collection and Candy Day and the Camp Dogwood car raffle.